1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-646 RODC issue

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by divebuddy, Oct 11, 2014.

1. divebuddy

divebuddy New Member

I've set up the following and now appear to have an issue with an RODC.

Windows 2008 datacentre running on a physical device. then I have windows 200 Enterprise running as a virtual server and is the main DC. I then have a child domain running windows 2008 std under the main DC. last night I created a RODC pointing to the child domain server. I created a group and one acct to test replication to the RODC and had no results. Upon reboot of the RODC the group and acct popped into the users container, so I thought I would create another acct and test again. However I got the same results the details have not replicated over to the RODC. I've checked services and all seems fine. The only odd thing I have noticed is that when I select to change domain controller, the RODC has a status of unavailable. Before I trash the RODC and try again does anyone have any ideas:rolleyes:

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Check name resolution on all the DCs. Make sure you can ping them all by FQDN.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010