70-642 and Boson practice Exam

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by cajensen, Jun 25, 2010.

1. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

I have to give Boson some of the credit for passing the 70-642 last week.
    I have no server experience so I thought the Network was a good place to start since I have extensive experience in that area. I read the Microsoft book a couple of times, did their test and re-read some of the stuff. I did pretty good on the exams from the book and then I purchased Boson's exam. One correct out of the first 18 questions. I felt really dum.
    I was a bit frustrated with the tests in the beginning. The format of the questions seemed more difficult than needed and I got tired of the " You are a System Administrator for xxx ". I took the exams multiple times reading the correct and incorrect answers plus rereading some more in the Microsoft and another DNS book I bought and when I got to the actual exam I was a bit in chock over how easy it was.

I do not think I would have passed without the Boson Exams or at least I would not understand the subject as well as I do now.

I got the Books for the 640 and 646 but I have decided that without experience as a server admin the certs would not be wirth anything for me. I will wait until I get a job where I can get some hands on.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, MCTS 70-642, Security +
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm very glad to hear that our product was able to help you pass! Thank for you the kind words... I will pass them along to our content development team. :)

I occasionally offer opportunities every few months to receive Boson ExSim-Max products for free in exchange for a detailed technical review. If you are interested, stick around the forums and keep your eyes open for those announcements.

Thanks again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Michael Aldridge
    Senior Content Developer
    Boson Software

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for sharing a first hand detailed review of a quality legit product. I now know without a doubt would be using these for my exams when the time is right.

Cheerio and thanks again for sharing:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. wb2lsb

wb2lsb New Member

Hi all I done the 70-648 exam on the 15th of Dec and failed. Found the experience an eye opener. I was studying with a book and practice exams from another vendor. I have just got the ExSim max for the 70-640 and 70-642 from Boson and I find it a quality product compared to what I was using.

Thank you and Happy Christmas,

Jorsarge

PS. doling the 70-648 on 9th of Feb.

5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Glad to hear our product helped you...congrats on the pass!

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I am pleased that you are finding our product useful, Jorsarge! Glad I could recommend it to you on Facebook! :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!