70-640

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Waria Ahmed, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

Hi Guys

Me again..

Good news, I passed 70-680 exam over the weekend. Thanks to a mixture of CBT,Testout and MS pressbook + working knowledge of Windows 7 :)

Bad news, I'm planning to start the 70-640 AD 2008 exam and wanted some advice. I currently work in a team of 4 looking after 50+ servers and have a bit of exposure, although to be fair my knowledge isnt THAT great. All I know about servers is what I'm required to do and I learn as I go along so it would be extremely beneficial for me to start learning A-Z of servers.

My question is, what is the best way to learn for this exam? My company has given me a free account for Safari Online books so I can read any book for free. I can get hold of either Testout videos or Train Signal videos. Which one is better to do? or can the MS pressbook be enough?

P.S I already have a Virtual network built at home with 2 win 2008 servers and 5 Windows 7/Win XP Machines, so all the prep work is done.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  2. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

Have I posted in the wrong section?

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  3. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Read the material, watch the videos, do all the labs, do more stuff related to the labs, use some exam prep software when you think you are nearly ready. Thats my method anyway that and I have plenty of hands on experience.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA