1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-640 Passed 21/12/2010

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by ChrisH1979, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Well I finally got to sit this exam after one test centre closing permanently and two other doing the "temporary closed" thing to me (2 in 7 days grrrr).

Passed with a score of 820 which was amazing because:
    I have a stinking cold and my head is numb so that doesn't help with the concentration.

I developed an eye infection yesterday, which meant that if I wanted to look at the screen for more than 20 minutes I had to wear sun glasses, so yes I was sat there in the test room with several other people wearing sun glasses and outdoor there was sub zero temperatures and snow :twisted:

I nearly crashed on the way there because my dam washer jets froze of and all the salt accumulated on the windscreen, which was fine until I rounded a bend and the direct sunlight hit the screen turning it completely white (I was in the third of 4 lanes) I had to stick my head out of the window and pull over to the hard shoulder which was all icy so I expected to end of skidding into the barrier, but I managed not to.

So by time I got to the test centre I was a numb headed, one eyed gibbering wreck. 10 minutes into the exam I felt like I had drank half a bottle of whisky as the monitor was spinning. Very hard to concentrate. Anyway somehow I manged to answer all the questions and check them all through again.

Resources used:
    I opted not to use the MS press book this time. I decided that with my experience I would try one of the Exam Cram books as they are no nonsense straight to the point type of things.
    I used lots of online resources to supplement the book as well as building labs to cover the material I was not 100% familiar with (RODCs, certificate services)

Good list here:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42880-70-640-resources.html

R2 Stuff here:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/mct...0-windows-server-2008-r2-review-material.html

I also did one of MS learning plan things and did whatever free bits were on it.

I also used the Boson Exam-Sim Max software for my exam prep, which was excellent and I will do a review soon. I used the measure up questions from the CD that came with the Exam Cram book as well (only 50 questions though)

I was a little apprehensive about the R2 additions but as far as I can tell (this time at least) it was more a case of Vista has been renamed to Windows 7 and all servers were Server 2008 R2 and not Server 2008. I will probably see some definite R2 questions on the 70-642 as there is a lot of changes to that.

Test Centre
    I used Taitec in Manchester. The staff were very polite and very helpful. The facilities were good apart from the traffic noise, but I didn't notice after 10 mins or so.

Thank god it's over and I can enjoy christmas.
    70-642 in the new year :D

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats! I'm glad you found our product to be helpful! :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

5. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass bud, sitting mine in January, had to reschedule from this month as I fell ill (turned out to be a good thing when all the snow dropped anyway!) :)

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  6. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

I did mine ill and I don't recommend it. Thought I was gonna throw up half way through and I really don't remember most of it all, I was away with the fairies :biggrin

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  9. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Nice work. What a good result to end the year. Know how you feel...

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  10. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Cheers everyone, I'm finally relaxed now and enjoying the holidays.

11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Big congrats to you 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)