1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-640 fail

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by l4ter, Feb 7, 2013.

1. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

Hi Guys,

just to let you all know that I failed the exam (and im convinced by one question).

I scored 681/1000, the pass mark being 700.

Im sure someone will comment that not all questions are weighted the same.

However, it has simply made me more determined to obtain a higher mark and of course more on to the next one.

Secondshot voucher applier PRIOR to booking the first exam so the retake is free!

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: none ATM but boy have I earned it!!!
  2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Good luck dude, im hoping to take mine soon!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Best of luck with the re-take!

At least you know your extremely close to being able to pass this exam, who knows, on another day with a different set of questions you may have.

Let us know how you get on! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

70-640 now pass!

Dear all,

A 4 days after failing, I re-took the test and I am happy to announce that I passed.

For 2 of those days I was ill and took those days as sick.

It took me a day to get over the shock of the fail, and the 2 days of being ill made it EXTREAMELY difficult to focus and want to be studious.

That said (and having the time off from work) I re-revised from 09:00 till 01:30 the next day obtaining high passes on exam revision. Waking up early the next day (06:00) and carrying on.

The thing that worked for me was LONG intense period’s work of study, sacrifice, sheer will and determination.

Again cannot stand around, I will now move onto the next exam (70-642 Windows server 2008 – Network Infrastructure).

I have noticed that it has taken me over 2 months to prepair for this exam (as well as the previous 70-680, I want to further reduce this time and may need to become more of a recluse than I have already become!)

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: none ATM but boy have I earned it!!!