70-623

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by simonp83, Mar 11, 2010.

1. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Looking around the internet and going through a lot of the forum posters here, this certification seems to be getting very little, if any, love at all. Reason i asked was that i managed to get the MS press book for £7 inc p&p and if i can pass the practice exams with no revision, was seriously looking at taking it. I don't need it at all, been a couple of years since i supported Vista in a consumer enviroment but thought it'd be an easy cert that i could do in a weekend and a little bonus thing to pop on my cv before moving to Windows 7.

Any opinions on this exam?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMO, it's a good exam/credential. I recommend this route if a person does not work in an enterprise environment. I believe that this isn't as popular as the Enterprise Desktop Tech one as there is no upgrade path from the MCDST.

Good luck with it :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just because an exam isn't the most popular doesn't mean that it's not worth doing. If the certification reflects what you can do, I am of the opinion that you should go for it! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Agreed, but i don't support Vista in a consumer enviroment hehe, just thought it'd be an easy exam that i might be able to do with no revision due to my experience and having just finished the 620/622 combo. Nice break away from revision, adding an extra cert to my list and getting to see the very lovely lady at the Newark exam centre :oops:

5. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

All booked up this Thursday afternoon at the Long Eaton/Nottingham test centre, for some reason the Newark test centre doesn't have any dates at all, hope everything is ok with them :cry:.

Did one practice exam from the MSPress book, passed it easily so can't wait, i have booked it with a second shot voucher just incase :)

6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

bet you do you perv :twisted:

best of luck, sure you'll knock it out the park.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  7. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

She is lovely but i am honestly worried as the Newark test centre is a fantastic place to do exams, quiet, new machines and very well kitted out. The place in Nottingham, from what a couple of people say at work, is a right ****hole in the middle of an industrial estate, one of 'em said that he had to do the 70-290 with building work going on outside.

8. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I can't comment much on the quality of test centres, the one I use is over a betting shop in the middle of the ****hole that is Luton, filled with elderly wheezing desktops hooked up to fishbowl CRT screens.

Still, exams are in quiet rooms away from the main part of the office space so I just get on, get it done and get the hell out before some nutter stabs me.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  9. sweetdisorder

sweetdisorder Bit Poster

The 70-623 doesn't really seem to go anywhere, probably explains its unloved status. Currently studying for the 70-621, book exam for April 30.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-620 70-290
  10. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Haha, failed, serves me right for not doing any revision at all but then i just did the exam for the fun of it before work can sort out my Windows 7 books. Time to start revising and to use the second shot voucher, are there any limits on how long i can still use the second shot voucher for the exam?