70-622 on Monday

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by simonp83, Mar 6, 2010.

1. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Got my 70-622 exam on Monday and just wondering what the make up of the exam is, is it just a number of multiple choice questions or will their be simulations in there as well? I'm hoping for more and more simulations as it shows real world knowledge, which is where experience can really shine.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Personally I have not sat this exam so cannot comment if there are any simulations etc. However, if you have read a book for this exam then there's explanation on what to expect on the exam i.e if there's any simulations etc.

Best wishes:) and keep us posted on how it went on Monday.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Likewise, I have not taken this exam either (still toiling away with XP on my virtual abacus). I think if you know your stuff, you will be OK, regardless of how they decide to test you. Best of luck, and keep us updated on how it goes.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  4. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Passed with 775, test machine crashed twice so ended up using 3 machines and there were so many questions on IPSec and Maintaining and Troubleshooting Network security :blink, this is the main area that i was unsure of going into the exam. Infact, i think a good 20 odd questions were best guesses, a couple of them were completely unfamiliar to me, after reading the whole press kit book for 622 and the cbt nuggets as well, thought i'd be pretty well covered.

Pass is a pass though so i'm happy, really helped to reinforce my experience as well as introduce me to some new stuff like the IPSec. Next stop is the upgrade exam to the EDST7 certification and then onto 290+291 :D

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :)

8. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Oh and just to confirm, it's all multiple choice questions, not a single simulation at all.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the congrats everyone, any recommendations with the Windows 7 resources? Ordering the Microsoft 70-680 and 685 book, any more recommendations?