70-620

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Big_nath, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing the 70-620 exam. I just wondered do people think it is easier or harder than the 70-270?

I have done the 270, but my organisation are using mainly Vista now.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMO, technically it's just as hard. However it is easier to understand the questions, hence making the questions easier to answer.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Definitely easier.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

From personal experience, a lot easier. That said, I took it a little while ago now. At the risk of sounding like a saleman for Boson, they have an excellent product that I used to help me. I also used the Sybex book written by BM and BJ. And that was all I needed, believe it or not.

5. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Cool, cheers guys.

I read the objectives and it seems easier.

6. BosonMichael

huhuhuhuhuh... he said.... huhuhhuhuhuhuhuhuh

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

*smirk*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I'm gonna give it a bash. I have been looking at the MS press book on amazon, but there are a couple of reviews that says it doesn't have an evaluation copy of ultimate is that correct? I have Vista but only business not ultimate.

9. BosonMichael

The MSPress book does not have an eval copy of anything.

And... the MSPress book's author doesn't frequent these forums like the Sybex book's authors do. Just sayin'. 8)

10. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Lol, i did notice you and josh are the authors, i ordered both. Will Vista business be enough for the exam, or will i need ultimate.

11. BosonMichael

Mmm... you can probably get by with Vista Biz, but it's not gonna have some of the media functionality and a couple other features that Home Premium/Ultimate have. Still, you should do fine with what you've got.

From what I understand, Giddy didn't even have a copy of Vista at home... he just used the book and the Boson ExSim Max for 70-620. :)

12. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I think i'll be fine, i'm more confident with Vista than XP and i passed the 270. I think i will give Boson a go. See what all the fuss is about. :D

13. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Very true... but I am sitting typing this on a machine with a copy of Vista Business now... :)

14. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I just downloaded a demo of the Boson ExSim and it is great. i will definately be getting it when i get paid!!!

15. BosonMichael

I appreciate that, Nath. :) Though I don't constantly state on the forums that people should buy practice exams (due to the obvious nature of my employment), a high-quality practice exam can truly make a big difference in your exam studies. :thumbleft

16. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I passed the 71-621 (MCDST upgrade to MCITP:EST) and the 70-620 with Vista Business & Enterprise, so you should be ok :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security