1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-620 Windows Mail and Newsgroups

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by karan1337, Jun 23, 2011.

1. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

An option or two caused confusion while going through the MS press book.

1- What exactly does the option "Also trust email from my contacts" do?
    (Windows Mail->Tools->Junk E-mail Options->Safe Sender's Tab)

I experimented as well as searched but could not clear it up. I got a question wrong in the book because of this option. For what i understood: If this is selected, mails from windows contacts is NOT treated as junk and is NOT automatically moved into the Junk E-mail folder OR deleted. This option is enabled by default.

Is it always necessary that in order to prevent email from contacts landing into the Junk E-mail folder, the contact has to be explicitly added into the safe-sender's list?

2- This is related to newsgroups. How can i view a message in a newsgroup again after i delete it once?
    e.g. Suppose i mark a message as flagged and i mark another for "watching" from the message menu in Windows Mail. Now i delete both of these messages. Will defining custom views help in seeing those messages again?
    P.S. I tried the above mentioned and i could not see the messages.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science