70-620 vs. 70-680

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by ryanthelion84, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

Hi All,

I'm wondering whether there are any MASSIVE differences between the content of these two MCP's on the basis that Windows 7 is quite simply what Vista should have been but with a few added extras...

I have the 70-620 materials, bought nearly 2 years ago but not yet looked upon and am trying to determine whether they can be used to prepare for 70-680 albeit with some extra materials (I'm hoping having had some help on here identifying the fundamental differences I can use the internet to read up on the 'missing' or dramtically different areas?)

Any thoughts?

Alternative is to splash out on 70-680 materials, be it new, or on here if anyone has any going...

Ta!

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes. 70-620 focuses largely (but not entirely) on features that are new to Vista; 70-680 focuses largely (but not entirely) on features that are new to Win7.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just skimming the surface, there doesn't to be much difference between Vista and Windows 7. After all, yes Windows 7 is what Vista should have been, and if you check out the version number of the OS, Vista is 6, while Windows 7 is 6.1.

But if you really look into it Windows 2000 was version 5 and XP was 5.1 and there was big differences between those two Operating Systems.

Apart from that, you can see a chart here of just the differences that the user will see (between XP, Vista and Win 7).

Technically there are differences too, like: Windows XP mode, Windows Virtual PC and DirectAccess, just to name a few...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security