70-620 Questions

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Starke, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Starke

Starke Nibble Poster

I think this is going to be next exam. I heard rumors that the newer exams are less convoluted then the old ones. They don't talk about how Sally got a perm first and get right to the question. Does anyone who's taken the exam know if this is true or not. I'm going to be using the MS book, Sybex book and MS e-learning courses and I also run it on my laptop currently. Do you think that will be enough? I'm hoping it's fairly simple, I need to give my brain a break. Thanks in advance.

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging/Security, Net+, Security+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you understand the concepts, it's easy to determine the fact that Sally's perm is irrelevant. Unfortunately, confidentiality agreements prevent me from stating what type of questions are on the exam - convoluted vs. non-convoluted.

If you read the Sybex book (and why not, all those other books too 8)) you should be able to pass... regardless of what they ask, or how they ask it. :)

I can say this: the 70-620 is probably *easier* than other exams you've taken in the past.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Starke

Starke Nibble Poster

I know I've become quite at parsing through BS but it would be nice to have a direct question for once. Thanks for the info.

4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

In my opinion the 70-620 is not an exam, it is a joke. It's focus is more on matter in the home environment than a business setup.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

I agree. I started study for this one and found the study guide on par with one of those how to magazines for pc anoraks. I promptly stopped and commenced study for something that I could take seriously.

:biggrinLooking at your cert history you know your stuff. You should find this one hilarously easy also

If your interested in an MCTS in vista maybe look at the 624 or the 622, more geared towards enterprise than the home hobbyist (sorry but the 620 is an utter joke in my eyes) and ultimately more useful

If I wanted an easy elective I would have taken the exam but I would have known that I was robbbing myself of valuable knowledge I could gain by studying something less "hey kids its Vista":blink

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Well just had a quick go at the free measureup demo questions on the site. OMG I recon I could pass that one with just common sense. I've got vista ultimate at home buty at the moment its only used as a host for my 3 VM's and i've heardly really touched the OS to play with it. If you want a really quick cert to study thats the one.

I cant believe that its counted as an elective for an mcsa.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. Starke

Starke Nibble Poster

Thanks guys the reason I want to take it is because it's a requirement for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. I could take 70-624 but I already have the books on this so I'll just bang it out.

8. BosonMichael

I understand... but Microsoft exams are not trivia games to find out if you can regurgitate information... they are often designed to see if you can pick through irrelevant information to discover the relevant information. Experienced techs can do this without much difficulty; inexperienced techs have trouble doing so.

So... do you want exams that are easy/straight-forward enough so that everyone and their mothers can memorize information and pass, thereby diluting the value of the certification... or do you want exams that are challenging enough to filter out those who can't parse through the questions efficiently? You can't have it both ways. I'd take the latter, every time... regardless of how difficult it makes the exams for me. :)

All that said... 70-620 is already easy enough as it is. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. BosonMichael

I can't believe that it's counted as a required exam (well, either that, or 70-624) for the MCITP: Enterprise Admin cert! Even more mind-boggling... it's NOT a required exam for the MCITP: Server Admin cert!! What genius at Microsoft learning thought that Enterprise Admins would need to do extreeeeemely basic Vista support more than Server Admins would (or, that EITHER of them would do it at all)?

Requiring 70-620 for MCITP: Enterprise Support, I can buy that. Requiring it for MCITP: Enterprise Admin... that's just crazy. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

10. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Some of you guys may think it's a joke; however, I don't. I studied bloody hard for my 70-620. And, regardless of what you may think, to pass it you do have to have a damn good understanding of Vista.

11. BosonMichael

By no means is it an absolute pushover. You DO need to know useful information about Vista in order to pass. I simply mean to say that it's easier than what Microsoft typically throws out there. As you know from your own experiences, you don't even have to touch Vista to be able to pass.

Not trying to denigrate your accomplishment at all - it is commendable. But it's not at the same level as an exam on Active Directory - nor should it be. It is *absolutely* relevant to techs who do basic Vista workstation administration. But there's no good reason why it should be included in an Enterprise Admin certification track simply due to the job functions of an Enterprise Admin. It's the same logic, in reverse, as to why we don't recommend the MCSE and CCNA for entry-level techs; it's simply not relevant to their job function.

12. skulkerboyo

I had a big long response typed out but pressed a button and couldnt pull it back out of the binary void.

Not devalueing your cert but I dont feel this should be part of the MCSA at all. I also feel its presence as a client exam(considering the utter lack of enterprise deployment content), especially, potentially devalues the MCSA. There are so many useful and solid certs that potentially make up the track but then this one creeps in from the new MCITP track. Microsoft should review the presence of the 620 within the mcsa.

Well done on your cert. I dont know whether or not you're going for the MCSA but for me I want my MCSA to afford me the utmost in terms of learning and job potential and would be wary of having this exam making up either my elective or client.

But thats just me

edit-Just read boson m's post and basically yeah what he said (damn my slow typing and lack of eloquence)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  13. BosonMichael

Don't sell yourself short; you made your point rather well, SB. :)

14. skulkerboyo

Cheers just have trouble not coming off as aggressive so review what I write carefully which dramatically slows the process

Dont want to devalue peoples acheivements just convey that there is a time and a place for things

15. GiddyG

Agreed; however, I did have quality material to work with, so I didn't feel the lack of the actual OS as much as I am now I am working on the 70-622.

I fully accept that, as you're aware... what brassed me off was the blanket response that seemed to say that it wasn't worth having the 620... believe me, it is. As a result of the studying for it, I know that my allround knowledge of Vista (obviosuly) but also XP (which I have worked with for years anyway) has increased immeasurably.

I think people just have to be careful when comments are made... I understand that 620 doesn't make you a wizz with WinServer 2k8 or AD; however, we shouldn't put people off going for it. Those comments have to be made in the correct context. 620 is good as an entry level cert for Vista; however, it doesn't sit well with EA. Point made. :biggrin

16. GiddyG

Happens to me all the time... :rolleyes:

Yup, but I see it more of a 70-271/272/MCDST type qualification. In effect, the Vista equivalent of the 271.

Thanks SB. I do want to do my MCSA, and I do *in a masochistic way) want to do my MCDST too, followed by the 621 to upgrade it. I know that, if I get the 622 to go with my 620, that I will potentially have the Vista equivalent; however, that's me.

Nice reply btw... :)

17. skulkerboyo

Glad to see a measured response considering the remarks some of us made. Sorry dont mean to come off as a cert snob:oops:

I guess I just get my back up because I see alot of people always looking for the easiest way and in the context of this particular thread the original post is by someone of EA level so I guess I'm dumbfounded as to why someone of that level would want to do it and not something Vista but more EA orientated

Enjoy Easter People

over and out

18. Starke

Starke Nibble Poster

No I don't think Microsoft should test me on my ability to parse through a convoluted paragraph. I can take an English class for that. Microsoft should test me on my ability to understand the concepts. The question can still be long if it is related to the question; I don't need to hear how Sally sold seashells by the seashore. I'm not too worried about this test; I was more interested if it has changed so I would have less to worry about when it came time to take the MCITP tests. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

I agree it doesn't make much sense, it's just another way Microsoft is trying to push Vista into the Enterprise.

I respect anyone who can put the time in to study and pass a test. There are many people who won't even put the effort in. None of these tests are easy and you should feel proud of passing any of them.

19. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Don't get me wrong here. I studied for Vista as I study for all my certs, but if I then pass the exam with 950+ point in just 20 minutes, I can hardly claim this exam was really hard. So for me, with more than 20 years of experiance up the sleeve I can not call this an exam. I have read the other posts (also the ones from 6.43 PM) and I see your point. I just think MS could have done a better job with this exam.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  20. BosonMichael

You'd be surprised how many people cannot parse the information... which IS relevant when troubleshooting. Users WILL tell you about those "seashells on the seashore." :)