70-620 - done!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Sparky, Jun 19, 2008.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

A 769 is equivalent to... a 769. Nobody knows the minimum... nobody knows the maximum... and from what I understand, it could be different on different exams. I've heard rumors of scores over 1000 (though I've never seen them) and I've heard rumors of "perfect" scores under 1000 where the bars were totally filled (which, again, I've never seen).

In any case, considering that Microsoft MIGHT give partial credit, they MIGHT weight questions, and they DO offer unscored questions, it's useless to try to put a percentage score on it. Ultimately, a pass is a pass, and that should be all you concern yourself with.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

A 769 is equivalent to... a 769. Nobody knows the minimum... nobody knows the maximum... and from what I understand, it could be different on different exams. I've heard rumors of scores over 1000 (though I've never seen them) and I've heard rumors of "perfect" scores under 1000 where the bars were totally filled (which, again, I've never seen).

In any case, considering that Microsoft MIGHT give partial credit, they MIGHT weight questions, and they DO offer unscored questions, it's useless to try to put a percentage score on it.

Like wise

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  3. BosonMichael

Umm... that is all I concern myself with when I take an exam. In fact, I don't shoot for a score - I study until I fully understand the concepts.

On the other hand, when someone gives bad advice, like suggesting that it's OK to skip sims and still pass, I'm gonna point it out. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Congrats Sparky. How long were you studying for this one?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Michael

I think you misunderstood the comment I made, when did I once say "SKIP SIMS" :mad

I was merley pointing out the fact that it was not the be all and end all if you dont pass the sims
    as you can still pass with out getting the Sims right

6. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Exams for some peole are stressful things and constant pressure is not healthy I would love everytone to get 100% and I dont believe in skipping questions. I was always told if you dont no the answer or you are not sure have a go any way because by doing that you will increase your chances of getting more markes as opposed to not answering it at all

7. BosonMichael

And with that, I emphatically disagree, specifically because I believe they're currently unscored. Once they're scored, which will likely happen quite soon, I doubt it'll be very likely that one could pass by answering the sims incorrectly.

Hey, man, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to tell you that your opinion can cause someone to fail.

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Can't belive I missed this, well done Sparky :clap:alc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Thanks again guys. :biggrin

I basically started on this exam after I finished the MCSE. Some of the troubleshooting for Vista is exactly the same as what it was for XP so having a good understanding of desktop troubleshooting will help out for this exam.

The sims were unexpected but a welcome bonus IMO. Out of the 6 I think I nailed 4 of them but rather than mess up what I had already done in the other 2 I just left them as they were.

I scored 930 so I’m well chuffed! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Sparky

Well done excellent score you nailed 4 of those sims you got a good score, It looks to me that them Sims must count towards the score afterall

Well done

11. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

We'll never know James, but it was a heck of a good score.

Congrats again Sparky! 8)

12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Just to add what was said about scores, the IT manager at my place said he got 1010 on one of his exams but he said it wasn't full marks something to do with a bar not being filled in fully :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. BosonMichael

How do you figure that? Perhaps Sparky simply nailed many of the multiple choice ones. :rolleyes:

Dude... you really don't want to continue this argument with someone who works in the practice exam industry, do you?

14. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Listen hear NOW, as you said Im entitled to my opinon and your entitled to yours. Im finding your attitude very condescending and arrogant. I feel that because you may have a few more letters after your name than me and some of the others on here, that you think you are always right. I feel that they do have some impact on the score but you dont and there is no proof eithier way

I agree to disagree

15. BosonMichael

You don't know me.

I don't feel I'm right because I have letters after my name... I believe I am right based on my experience in the certification industry.

Dude, you're taking this far too personally, and trying far too hard to prove "the guy with all the letters" wrong, as evidenced by your taunt:

Looks to me like you're angling for more of a scrap.

And I'm the arrogant one? :rolleyes:

Whatever, guy. Believe what you will.

16. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

As I said I agree to disagree, end of............

17. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats Sparky.

You passed the exam, end of story. :biggrin

18. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Thanks again guys. The text based questions were fairly straight forward so perhaps I got 95-100% of them correct but I definitely made a few mistakes in 2 of the sims.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats Sparky, you are an inspiration mate 8)

As to whether the SIMs count yet or not, is impossible to determine without being privy to the way in which Microsoft score the exams. As none of us here are privy to that info, it's folly to make sweeping statements that could mislead others thinking about taking this exam. That is the point that BM is making and i wholeheartedly agree with him.

Please remember that personal attacks are not welcome on this forum. By all means debate the 'subject' till you're blue in the face and if you feel angry, then don't post, leave it for a while until you have calmed down and can write something constructive.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)