70-515 Web Applications Development With Microsoft .net Framework 4

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Djaved, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Djaved

Djaved New Member

I want to take the 70-515 exam, I wondered whether learning of the 'MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-515)' book alone is sufficient to pass this exam?

Thanks in advance.

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The MS Press books are usually pretty good, although a little dry sometimes.
    It should contain all the elements of the curriculum that you need to understand in order to pass the exam.
    The key word there is 'understand'.

You don't give a lot of background, but basically the answer is:
    If you have some OO programming/.NET experience = Yes
    If you have no previous programming exerience = No

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

As JonnyMX says, if you have the right background and experience they generally cover about 80% of what you need for the exam. Since the pass mark is around 70% this is enough if you are good at exams and have some experience.

If unsure you need to study around the objectives more from MSDN, Channel9, Blogs, and get more experience.

Personally I think it would be fairer to have 95% of the exam covered in the book, but MS makes the rules and they seem to like to skew things in favour of random topics that you might have seen if have certain experience.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012