70-450

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by JuliaJulia, Aug 28, 2009.

1. JuliaJulia

JuliaJulia New Member

Hi

I wouldn't what other people had used to study for 70-450 (PRO: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008). There doesn't seem to be any MS Press books, and I can't find any from other publishers either.

I used Transcender to study for my 70-432 (both the study guide and practice exam) and they were OK, but I wasn't massively impressed. Transcender also has a practice exam for 70-450 (although no study guide), and I was trying to decide whether to buy this or the measure up or self test software practice exam. Does any else have any opinions on these vendors in general?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you've seen the Transcender, you've seen the Self Test... it's the same company, and when I worked there, the Transcender product was the Self Test product + 10% more questions.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, why not introduce yourself here and be a part of this community :)

While I haven't done the 70-450, I have used Transcender and found them to be very good. Other vendors that are very good include: Boson, Preplogic and Measure-up.

Some resources that you may be interested in to help you with your studies for the 70-450:

CBTNuggets for 70-450

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant as per Microsoft's advice:

, see here.

And there may be a possible MSPress book:

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-450): Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Server Infrastructure Using Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008. ISBN: 9780735626577, Availability: April 2009

Good luck with your studies :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. jnhgly

jnhgly New Member

I'm using Preplogic for this and the training is very high quality. I'm especially happy with the audio training product. I like audio training for portability but I had tried some others that were just read from a book and the quality was bad. The Preplogic audio training is clearly designed as an audio product from the ground up.