1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-433

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by rogero999, Aug 13, 2009.

1. rogero999

rogero999 Bit Poster

Hi there, has anyone here done this one? Is the Microsoft Training kit the best way to learn for this exam, or would you recommend any other books?

Rog

Certifications: MCSE MCTS
    WIP: MCSD
  2. jhopper

jhopper New Member

hi,

I have passed exam 70-433 today with overall score of 933 and I must admit book (training kit) is pretty much useless.
    I mainly used sql books online and ms technet website. I also noticed that some chapters from the book are just copied and pasted from MSDN.

let me know if u need more info.

Certifications: ZCE,CMDEV,CMDBA,CMCDBA,MCTS(433)
  3. rogero999

rogero999 Bit Poster

Thanks for reply ... I will work through the book anyway as I have bought it, but will also take your advice, cheers :-)

Congrats on passing the exam, any areas I should be particularly concentrating on?

Certifications: MCSE MCTS
    WIP: MCSD
  4. jhopper

jhopper New Member

hi,

i would suggest that you should concentrate on performance gathering (profiler, traces, dta) and xml functions (modify, contains, etc), since they are not covered at all in the book.

ta

Certifications: ZCE,CMDEV,CMDBA,CMCDBA,MCTS(433)
  5. ksajam

ksajam New Member

i passed this exam a few weeks back with a score of 822. Yeah, i agree, there is a lot of stuff not in the MS book that is in the exam, as already mentioned in previous posts. I did the training with sqlsteps.com . I definitely also recommend making MSDN your new best firiend, for any of these certs.

6. mmhm

mmhm New Member

Hi Dear,

I am planning to do 70-433. Please can you let me know which online SQL book you have used as you have mentioned MS Book is useless.

Thanks,
    Monir

7. inquisitive

inquisitive Bit Poster

8. eralper

eralper Bit Poster

Besides books for SQL 2008 development, you can check the reviews on the web written by exam takers.
    I have noted down my experience at Exam 70-433 Study Guide
    I wish luck to all who are planning to take this exam,