70-431: Simulation Questions? Need some advice.

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by Gopher, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Gopher

Gopher Bit Poster

Hi All

I have seen that there are quite a few simulated questions in this exam, which I sure is a good thing, however I have a few questions:

1. How many are there in proportion to the whole exam? (I know this will not be exact as they are all different)

2. How do they work,? (E.g. Are all screens available and you have to state which one you would go into in the SSMS)

3. do you get screen examples and you have to mark it with a cross (or something!)

I am getting a little nervous, as I normally do, as my exam is on the 11th June and I am not too sure what to expect. So any help or advice would be really good.

Thanks

Gopher

Certifications: MCP, MCSA & MCTS SQL 2005
    WIP: MCITP 70-443 & 70-444
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry, man... the NDA I signed before taking the exam prevents me from telling anyone what I saw. It's not worth me getting decertified for life if Microsoft doesn't like the information I reveal to you.

My suggestion would be this: get as much hands-on experience with SQL Server 2005 as you can. If you truly know how to do things in the interface, it won't be that difficult.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Gopher

Gopher Bit Poster

Oh, ok - thats fine, I didn't want you to let me know what was in the exam just and idea on how the simulations work. But I understand I don't want anyone to be decertified.

Thanks anyway though!

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

There's no mystery: they work by simulating the graphical interface. If you can do the task, you get the question right. If you can't do the task, you get the question wrong. So... if you know how to use the graphical interface to do the tasks found in the objectives on Microsoft's 70-431 Web site, you should be able to pass. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Gopher

Gopher Bit Poster

I think I had gathered that - anyway after following advice from yourselves I have been doing all sorts in SSMS on my home network and works which should prepare me.

Anyway my Exam is on Wednesday in Leeds so I will let you all know how I get on.

Cheers

Gopher