70-320 exam

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by creatorul, Mar 13, 2007.

1. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

Hello,

I need some advices on choosing the study material for this exam. For Q/A paper I've already chosen testKing but I need something that covers only the topics for the exam. For example, for passing 70-316 I used Que publishing, 70-316 Mcad/Mcsd training guide but I can not find the counterpart for 320.
    For the folks that passed this exam: is it harder than 316 ? :)

Thank you

Certifications: MCP,MCAD, SCJP
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

If i were you, I wouldn't use material from Testking as their material are classed as braindumps, last I heard MS is actually taking legal action against Testking for violating their NDA and printing Q&A's from MS's exams. Apart from that, sorry I'm unable to help on your question as I have not gone down the developers route, but someone will be along shortly :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ken's right - it's not worth losing the chance at certification because you used illegal "training" materials.

Best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

Hello,

I passed this exam (70-320) and I also passed 70-316. I need to know if I can take 70-315 ( web apps in C#) for completing MCAD. On microsoft's wesite it states that if you had 316 as core exam you can take 315 as elective . What I need to know is if anyone had this path in the past (316,320,315).
    Also I noticed that you can't upgrade from MCAD to MCSD anymore. There are only exams for upgrading from MCAD to MCPD and from MCSD to MCPD.
    Am I wrong ?
    Also when all exams needed for cert are passed, does the canditate receives any diploma or something or it is just placed in MS database as a MCAD ?
    Thanks

5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yes if you pass the 70-315 with the other exams you've passed you'll get the MCAD cert/status.

To upgrade from the MCAD to the MCSD. Once you have the 70-315, 70-316 & the 70-320, all you then need are 2 more exams: the 70-300 & an elective, choose one of the following:
    229, 230, 234, 235, 301, 330, 340, 431, 135.

Once you've pass 1 MS exam, you sign on to the MCP site and request your first MS cert (which would be a MCP), next time you'll be able to get another cert from MS will be when you attain a new status in your case it would be once you achieve the MCAD status (after you pass the 70-315), then after that, it'll be when you attain the MCSD. Please bear in mind that you'll get a certificate, diploma's, degree's are usually for the academic field, this is the professional field of education.

Hope this answers you question.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael

I hope you dumped TK... using them will cause you more trouble than you know.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

Yes I did not learn from them . But why do you consider TestKing will cause more problems ?

8. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. BosonMichael

Did you not read the responses in this thread regarding the fact that Microsoft is suing TK because they are selling stolen test questions from the live exams, and using TK can get you decertified? :blink It should be pretty clear why using TK will cause more problems.

10. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

I saw that but I thought that it might be something else.
    thanks

11. BosonMichael

Nope... that should be bad enough. Heh! Read that article that Sparky posted as well. Hope it helps!!

12. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

@BosonMichael

I see that you have a lot of certifications. It helped you somehow in getting a better job ? Or it would have been enough only few of them ?

thanks

13. BosonMichael

Yes, they did help me get better jobs, and yes, it would have probably been enough having only a few of them. That said, my situation is different from most - I create IT certification training products for a living. You'd hope I'd be certified in something I'm teaching others about, right? ;)

14. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

Thank you all for your answers.