70-297

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by kevicho, May 5, 2009.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Ive set myself a month to get ready for this exam (booking it with 2nd shot and am ready to delay closer to the time), have the mspress book, and vmware labs at the ready, may go down the sybex book if dont pass it first time.

Anyone have any useful info on this, seems so far this test is a case of a long case study followed by a rash of questions, is this the case?

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hi Kevicho, I'm curretly sudying for this. I have finished the MS Press Book and am currently working on the CBT Nuggets. Seems to be a rehash of everything we have learnt so far.

From the posts that I have read on here, it seems you get a Scenario and then a set of questions to answer based around that scenario. Then you move onto the next Scenario. The only part I'm not sure about is whether you can go back and recheck a Scenario after this has finished.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

From what I rememeber you cant do that. Basically you might get say 16 mins for the first scenario and then you have to move onto the next one.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. smoggy333

smoggy333 Bit Poster

I have this exam next ! really not looking forward to this one. Think the scenario questions are going to be harsh !

Ahh well if it was easy everyone would be a MCSE !

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for the exam both of you :)

@kevicho, how's the studying going?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Studying is going better, I seemed to have a slow patch at the beginning of last year as well, must be a seasonal thing.

Have been through all my study materials and so far most of it was already in there, few nice little reminders but otherwise am more confident that i should be able to do it, although I guess it comes down to my reading of the questions, which has been my downfall in lots of test exams lol, but going to be using the cd I got with the book to do many exam examples to get me in the mode to do it, but from the CBT i watched I got them all right bar 2 (of the 2 scenarios) so i guess I just have to be methodical and re-read on the day.

Oh well, am lookin forward to the 6th June lol

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal