1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-297

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by choppertastic, Jun 12, 2008.

1. choppertastic

choppertastic Bit Poster

I have the 70-297 exam booked in 3 weeks tomorrow. I've read several postings saying if you passed 70-291 then 297 shouldnt be too bad. Is this the case?? Has anyone sat it recently? Is it all scenario based with multi guess per scenario?

Cheers,
    James

Certifications: MCSE2k3, MCITP Enterprise Admin, CNE 5,6, VCP3 & 4, CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It is completely different to the 70-291.

You need to read the case study as quickly as possible and then answer a few questions (approx 8 ) before you can move onto the next case study.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. choppertastic

choppertastic Bit Poster

Is it a case of when you click next you can't go back / review your answers.

4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I'd also advise you get the MS press book on the 70-297 to have a feel for what the case study scenarios would look like.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Sparky

From what I rememeber you cant, I only had about 1 minute left at the end of each case study anyways.

6. Crito

Crito Banned

You can review the questions and answers for the current case study/scenario only. Once you move on to the next one there's no going back. So it's really like a bunch of mini tests.

And FWIW, I found myself using ALL the MS Press books I had bought for MCSA/MCSE while preparing for this one. And not just the core exams either... without going too far and violating the NDA, I think I can say that, IMVHO, people who use Vista to fulfill the client exam requirement are doing themselves a disservice if they plan on taking 297 too. My XP studies definitely paid off. 8)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  7. choppertastic

choppertastic Bit Poster

I've been doing the transcender mock exams. So each block of questions has a time limit on it?

8. Sparky

Yes, say 18 minutes for one case study with 8 questions.

Then you have to move on....

9. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

You have plenty of time if you don't waste it.
    Read the case well and keep about 5 minutes for the questions

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680