70-297: failed!

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by Sparky, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Doh! :biggrin

Absolute nightmare this one, thought the 70-291 was difficult but this is on a different level!

Failed with 640 so not a million miles away but that’s little comfort to be honest. Time is one of the biggest challenges on this exam; don’t expect to have an hour to spare at the end so you can check your answers. Also you need to make sure you fully understand the question(s) before answering as you can find yourself contradicting what you have put for previous answers.

Anyways back to the books I guess, not sure where to start as the print out showed that all sections were virtually the same. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Bad luck mate,

But you were not that far off maybe with a bit more study you'll get a result next time. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Like GBL said that's bad luck,

Tonight -relax, crack open a beer and don't get too hung up on failure mark. Then tomorrow - Pick yourself up and get back to studying:cracking We all know you can do it!:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry to hear that sparky.

Chin up though, you weren't a million miles out and I'm sure you'll nail it next time.

You did use second shot didn't you? :tongue

5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's right, but I bet you would be kicking yourself more if your score was 699.

Sorry to hear that you failed, but you'll get it next time :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It happens. Take some time to lick your wounds, then back to the books.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Don't worry Sparky as am sure second time would be a charm:). On a serious note what are you using to prepare and study for this exam.

I am a firm believer that you need to at least read three books then after lots of hands on hit transcenders. That's exactly what I'd do anyway:)

Don't worry as I know you'd nail it next time round:) so don't fret.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. Sparky

Cheers for the encouragement lads, its appreciated.

For this exam I used the MS Press book, Transcenders and Cram session. I have used this combo for each MS exam I have taken so far apart from the 70-282.

I’ve just ordered the exam cram book just to get some extra reading for this exam. Don’t see me having enough time to have another go at this exam before Christmas, too many pub days on the calendar! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ouch, tough luck Sparky :( I know those design exams are a bear, so many words to read and so much padding it's hard to see the wood for the trees and Microsfot excell at making them as ambigious as possible.

Still you got close and at least nowadays you get a score to tell you that.

Good luck when you re-sit it, i'm sure with the knowledge you now have of the exam you will kill it next time.

Get back to those books and delve a bit deeper and book the re-sit as soon as you can mate!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

'twas probably the shocking refereeing in the footie that put you off your stride. I'd sue UEFA, if I were you :)

In all seriousness though, although getting so close is no comfort, at least you know you're in the right ball park. Just polish up what you've already got, and you'll breeze through next time, no problems.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

It's better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all..... or so some wise-ass said :)

Bad luck mate, take a breather and then hit the books again. You'll nail it - we all know it!

BTW - the exam was biased against you from the start, you knew your stuff :p

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If all of the sections are about the same, there's just some little details that you're missing, throughout. Skim through your study materials and see if anything pops out at you that you were having troubles with.

Best of luck on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Sparky

I know, we wuz robbed! Slight hint of offside for the Scotland goal but we were due some luck!

No way I can get another shot at the exam before Christmas, work commitments etc., so it looks like another go in the New Year. :onthePC

14. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

You are scaring me !:(

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  15. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Good luck for next time Sparks - you can do it! :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT