70-294 QOTD for May 31st

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by tripwire45, May 31, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good morning. I’m trying something of an experiment here so please bear with me. I’d love to provide a graphic but don’t have the capacity to do so. With that in mind, let’s hope my powers of description are up to the task.

Joe is a network administrator for CrazyCorp, a company that makes gag gifts and novelty items. He manages a single domain Windows Server 2003 AD structure. The structure of the domain and OUs is as follows.

Under the domain crazycorp.com, there is one top-level OU called “everyone”. Below the everyone OU, there are four second-level OUs called “support”, “sales”, “research”, and “managers”. Joe wants to give the help desk technicians security group that is contained in the support OU the ability to rename user accounts for the sales OU only. To do this, Joe must use the Delegate Authority Wizard. In order to accomplish his task and only give the help desk techs that authority over the sales OU, where must the right to delegate the ability to change user names be placed?

A. Authority should be placed at the domain level.
    B. Authority should be placed at the everyone top-level OU
    C. Authority should be placed at the support OU
    D. Authority should be placed at the sales OU

Answer later.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

First one in today - it is a holiday over here trip prob why you haven't had a hit yet.

Gonna guess C for this one

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'm going to pitch B for this one.

I would have gone with AJ on C, but I reckon that's too obvious (sorry AJ :oops: )

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

My best guess is B.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Correct answer is D. The authority should be delegated for control at the Sales OU level. That gives the help desk folks authority only over that particular function as applied to the Sales OU container. Placing it at a higher level could give them control not only over that container but over the sub-containers under it. Giving them authority at the level of the support OU container would only give the support staff name changing authority over themselves.

Hope I wasn't too confusing. I was trying to take this QOTD up a level. More later.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

ack was just about to reply
    sorry for slow response, been out most the day, and got so much to do before my flight on wednesday morning
    with it being a public holiday here i only have tomorrow to get anything done that envolves shops :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0