70-294 QOTD for June 14th

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by tripwire45, Jun 14, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Waliu is a newly hired network technician for an IT department. The company he works for uses a single-domain Windows Server 2003 Active Directory network. Although Waliu currently is supporting desktop applications, his supervisor wants him to study about Active Directory concepts so he can take on more responsibility as he becomes more experienced. Right now, Waliu is studying about Schema Masters and the concept of what a Schema is in Active Directory. Waliu understands that Active Directory Domain Controllers all behave like peers, each one containing a copy of the Active Directory database. With this in mind, he is trying to understand what makes a Schema Master special. Of the statements below, what are the most accurate statements about what a Schema Master is or does?

A. Schema types and attributes are fixed and new objects cannot be defined
    B. Attributes can be marked as indexed which improves search time but also increases replication time.
    C. The Schema Master contains the only writable copy of the schema.
    D. The Active Directory Schema is extensible.
    E. You must be a member of the Domain Admins group in order to modify the schema.

Choose all that apply. Answer later.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

im going for CD
    but im toying with B
    B is correct, but it shouldnt really effect the schema replication time, and hence not really be a feature of the schema master, but i guess you can only index attributes on the schema master so ill throw it in as well

B C and D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I'm going for C + D

Don't know about B so i'll leave it alone :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I'll take B C and D too.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Cant believe I am being used like this :eek: I dont know the answer but when me and my girlfriend get home from work I'll show this to her and lets hope two heads are better than one. after all she does deal with software apps more than me. :roll:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

No offense intended, Waliu. Most people don't mind if I mention them in a QOTD. I do so to complement people. Heck, I even wrote a test back for a A+ text book where I used the real names of people from another forum I inhabit. I picked it up from a fellow named Will Willis who is a tutor at the aforementioned forum. He's even used my name in some of his books (kind of neat). :wink:

If it bothers you (I'm not sure it does...hard to tell in text), I'll be glad to edit the post and insert a different name. :oops:

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Correct answer is BCD.

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

no dont change the name..its nice to be used in a good way for once :eek: so feel free to use me in other QOTD....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life