70-293 Booked! And i HATE prometric!

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by karl_lankford, Dec 11, 2007.

1. karl_lankford

karl_lankford Byte Poster

Man prometric takes so long...

does anyone know if the site prices include VAT or will it be added on?

more importantly, my 293 is booked, first step to my MCSE :-)

Earliest date i could get was 5th feb!!!!!

and its like 40 miles from my house, the last pearson vue centre was 15 miles :(

Wish me luck anyway - any advice on waht to look for? i heard certificate security is a biggie!

Certifications: CISSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSE Upgrade
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I believe once you've gone through the big MS press blue book and tackle transcenders you'd be fine. Phoenix, recently passed this exam so he might be able to give you some hints too. Best wishes, wow, am a bit scared now especially after hearing certain stories about pometrics:(

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

When you book with vue without a voucher the total price includes VAT, I can't see prometric being any different.

Why not email their support team to get confirmation

Good luck with the exam :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. karl_lankford

thanks, i'll need it!

i was just going to wait untill the credit card balance came through.... the receipt said just 88 quid, and 0.00 tax. Random eh!!

Have you done your 293 at all?

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Know your certificates and clustering 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Good luck on that one Karl, I'm hoping to do mine in the next couple of weeks too, but think I might have to delay until early next year due to problems with the actual physicals of CA's within Server 2003.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I have just booked online with Pometric for the 70-290 exam and the web site crashed half way through saying page cannot be displayed. I just hope on the actually exam that the computers and sims don't play up too:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

all the ms prometric exams i've booked (3 now) have been 88 pounds with no vat added on so must be some sort of usa transaction thing!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  9. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

The earliest prometric could get me an exam was the 5th of Jan also. I've been ready for the exam for over a month now and I was planning to take it on the 14th of Dec.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  10. Crito

Crito Banned

Yep, I was a bit disappointed I didn't get more clustering questions on the 293 exam, as I had over-studied that topic.

NLB clusters (the kind IIS uses) are relatively easy to play with, as you can install and uninstall them all day long. Server clustering (the kind SQL Server uses) can't be uninstalled though, you have to completely rebuild the box to remove it and start over. :x In retrospect I should have used some kind of virtualization software to practice on.

And BTW, despite having real-world SQL Server clustering experience, I actually learned something new during my studies: how to use a majority node set instead of a single quorum. 8)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  11. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

In London I found several places that had slots the following working day (looked Friday available Monday), and I booked my exam Monday 3pm and am taking it tomorrow at 2pm.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  12. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I know it's a little late on this one.. but....

When I came to booking my next exam with prometric, I found it hard finding a site that was open or had any free space the first 2 weeks in Jan, but kept looking until I found a site that had one.

To put my Exam back two weeks would have been totally unacceptable, since I want to get my 294 and 2 shots at the 293 out of the way before the 31st of Jan. Networking isnt my strong point and I just know im going to fail the 293, even though that's how I felt with the 291 but managed to get an 840.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Good luck mate! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  14. karl_lankford

thank zimbo!

im just running through some practice exams i got with my exam cram 2 book.... should be ok!!

going to moscow in a fortnight, so wil have 10 hours of flying to get through a few re-reads :-)