70-291

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Luddym, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey guys, I've been away for a bit, but back and biting at the bit for my 70-291. Think it's about time I finished off my MCSA as I have had 3 agencies ring me and say... 'The qualifications you have so far are ok, but we can't start putting you through to interviews until you have your MCSA.' As it has been 8 months of jobsearching :eek: I thought it about time I banged it out.

Hope everyone's been ok and 'letss get ready to studyyy.'

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Alright Lud. Welcome back to the mad house.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you not alone mate... need to get it done and i started re-reading my material... where abouts are you in the material?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey Zimb, hope your study is going ok.

I'm back on Subnetting and Superscopes. Remember having a go at it before giving up all those months ago, but it's one of those for me that I after a bit of study I think I know the general basics.... until I actually think about it.

Going to have a fiddle with WSUS in the next few days too.

How about you Zimb, what 291 stuff are you getting stuck into at the mo.

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

subnetting was bad!! DNS and DHCP im very good... i need to start studying properly from RRAS... hopefully end of january ill take my exam.. :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I studied some DHCP easrlier this week, remembered it from last time. Still haven't even touched on DNS yet though... so fingers crossed.

The worrying thing is I've still got soo much to do, so think I'll leave subnetting for a while then come back to it when im comfortable with most other things.

7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck for the exam for whenever you take it mate, it’s a tough one!

WSUS features heavily in it when I took the exam, bizarrely there were no subnetting questions but that may have just been down the questions I was given on that day. Might be a few subnetting nightmares in there somewhere! 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs