1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-291 - Sorted!

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by surfthegecko, Feb 4, 2010.

1. surfthegecko

surfthegecko Bit Poster

Well I scraped through (probably didnt deserve to pass) but 70-291 is now sorted.

Just wanted to say thanks to those that helped me the past couple of days with clarification.

Thought I would include a little info on my study method and what I noticed from my exam (no giveaways dont worry).

Preperation:
    Week One
    ~ CBT Nuggets - Watched these and took notes
    Week Two
    ~ CBT Nuggets - Re-watched to clarify concepts
    ~ Created Virtual Network (Big Thanks to SimonD from the virtual forum) 2 servers and 1 virtual PC
    ~ This allowed me to setup, AD/DHCP (80/20 method)/DNS (Forward/Reverse/Forwarders/Secondary/Stub)/ IPSEC/RRAS (VPN/Dial-in/Routing) & WSUS
    Day before
    I then read a few links that were suggested on another website, and re-read my notes

Exam Day:
    40 Questions
    First 9 questions were simulations - Thank God, this is the bit I had been practicing on virtual servers
    Remainder were primarily RRAS (My fav section), DNS (not so good on this), WSUS (no problems), then a couple on IPSEC, Security Templates & DNS

WSUS had a few more questions that I was expecting, but it was WSUS, as oppposed to SUS which I was pleased about.

If you are going to focus on any areas make sure you know RRAS & DNS. I am now going back through the DNS topic because it was clearly highlighted to have been my weakest area.

Anyway good luck to those who are taking it shortly.

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Tough exam. Good work

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass!

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Excellent stuff 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Wow! Conquered "the Beast" and not a book in sight!! :clap Well done!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  8. surfthegecko

surfthegecko Bit Poster

Thanks All!

Trogdor, I was going to get one, but im a very slow reader when its in book format (hence why I just read the web). I would need a month to read a book, and I just wanted to get it done to be honest because I need to take my CCNA Voice exam in 4 weeks.

Anyway the big question now is, do I take my elective in Exchange and get my MCSA:Messaging or do I take the AD route? Both would be handy to know, I quite like the thought of understanding AD a lot more, but one exchange module and I have MCSA:Messaging.

Any thoughts?