70-291 Simulation questions

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by ravnil, May 6, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Does Transcender use the spell checker these days? :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's great... but you didn't answer my questions. When did you guys stop using them, and what made you guys see the light? I'm not talking about the full-time employees in Atlanta... I'm talking about the Indian outsourcing company Transcender/SelfTest was using.

The Atlanta development team hasn't changed all that much... the employees who post on your Wordpress Weblog seem to be pretty much the same employees you've had for years. But I appreciate your attempt at spin.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. KaplanIT Developer

KaplanIT Developer Bit Poster

Again, totally off topic, but we haven't had much luck with contract work (abroad or state side) for a few years now. Changes in upper management and changes in the Product team have resulted in changes to our development process overall. So not sure it was a matter of "seeing the light" as much as redefining our priorities and focusing on what we do well.

Actually, with the exception of our CompTIA SME, none of our Developers worked here when you were here, so yes they've been on board for several years and with any luck they'll stick around for a few more years :), but not the same team of writers you worked with.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Glad to hear it. But if it is true that you have indeed stopped outsourcing to India, then I am somewhat surprised that American authors would write the "Indiaisms" that exist in your currently published products. I would have thought that your increased commitment to "internal guidelines" would have caught those.

You guys continue "focusing on what you do well". The old Transcender staff who are currently employed at Boson will continue to focus on doing what the original Transcender did well: producing the highest quality practice exam products.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

You're right that Transcender isn't using the same team of writers that were there when Michael and I were there. The original Transcender as I knew it closed down when the sale to Kaplan was made in December of 2003. In fact, Kaplan laid off almost all of the original Transcender writers -- except me and Michael and one other writer who edited for Kaplan -- when they bought the company, as they had a few developers in Atlanta and a whole team of writers in India to take their place.

So, I hope you'll understand why we are surprised to hear that Kaplan has brought back the development of their products to internal developers. When I worked for the Kaplan version of Transcender, we were told numerous times how committed they were to using the outside contractors, even in the face of evidence that it wasn't working. It sounds like maybe they finally changed their path.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010