70-290 Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by dalsoth, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

Oh go on, do the MCDST. Combined with what you've passed already and the 70-291, it'll give you the MCSA :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well and congratulations on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Cheers.

I may just go for both of the MCDST exams at once. I can't keep taking time off work to do exams this often though so i am thinking of them both next week while my school is on half term.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to sit 2 exams on the same day one after the other through prometric? How would it work if you were allowed? Would i just book the first exam and go back in and book the second at the same venue at the next time slot?

It took me about 1.30 hours to do the 290 today. Obviously i would not want to fall asleep halfway through so if you take that time into consideration do you think i could get both done in about 3 hours?

Any advice is appreciated as i am going to be exploring just how far my overdraft goes this month with all of these exam costs :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Congrats

I did both my A+ exams on the same day, one after the other so I don't see there being any difference in MS exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

You are able to do two exams one after another using Prometric.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hey congrats and well done m8 ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's right, I've book 2 MS exams and sat them on the same day. I did fail 1, but then again 1 exam was on Windows 2008 and the other was the beta for SBS 2008 :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security