70-290 this Friday!!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by mad_maxx, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

tell me about it. ive got my 70-290 an dim pooing a brick about it to put it politely!!!!:blink

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

When?

What have you ben using to give you hands on?

3. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

It says a lots how you did in 40 minutes.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  4. GiddyG

Yup... he is confident and knows his stuff. If I get anywhere near 840 when I take my 290, I'll be a happy chappy.

5. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

I just passed the 70-290 with 960. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was too nervous to try another transcender last night, and then continued feeling nervous right through the exam.

When I got in the exam I managed to stay focussed and tried not to read too much into the questions (eg looking for double meanings). When I got to the end of the exam I didn't bother reviewing my answers and just clicked finish (I felt too nervous to effectively evaluate or review my answers)

For anyone who wants to know, I used CBT Nuggets and the Sybex book (both seemed to be out of date). I also had a virtual environment running under VM Ware - I had a Win 2003 DC, Terminal Server, WSUS Server and an XP client to test things out.

I did my studying in the following order - CBT Nuggets, Sybex Book/testing things out under VMware, then I did two transcender exams and identified my week areas. I then used my virtual environment and a few chapters from the ExamCram book to brush up on my weaker areas.

Now on to the beast that is 291 :)

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. GiddyG

Excellent pass! Congrats. 8)

8. kavanaj

kavanaj Bit Poster

Congratulations!!!!

That is an awesome score and your using pretty much the same method that I am using. It seems to work well!! :biggrin

On to the 291 and good luck!! :blink

Certifications: MCSE NT4.0,210,215,290,291 (MCSA2K3),VCP
    WIP: (70-293)MCSE 2003
  9. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

congrats,

i passed as well, with 820, i only used the books i got on the course, the ms press books, measure up and thankfully people from work helped aswell, but i think the simulations messed me up a bit, ah well a pass is a pass..... onto the 291!:biggrin

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  10. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, cracking score too :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290