70-290 exam material Recommendations

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by michael78, Aug 31, 2005.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Has anyone used the Syngress Study Book with the included DVD training guide for the 70-290 exam. It looks really good. I'm thinking about buying it to beef up my knowledge for when I start to prepare for the exam in the coming months. I already have the official MS study guide. If anyone has any other suggestions for good books then I wouldn't mind getting peoples opinions...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I've never used syngress books before, but a friend of mine swears by them. So there's a recommendation for you of sorts!

8)

3. Loopy

Loopy Bit Poster

I've got the Syngress book which I really like, everything is laid out well with plenty of workable examples. I will say though that the DVD is awful, the guy talks you through the text on screen, makes mistakes and is generally annoying. I also found it quite hard to follow as there are 3 sets of text on screen at the same time.
    Definitely recommend the book though!

Certifications: MCP 70-270
    WIP: MCSA Windows Server 2003