70-284

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by RobD, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RobD

RobD New Member

Hello All,

I'm sitting my 70-284 exam on Monday and having been revising like a mad man for about a month now; week of exchange course, as well as MS study guides, MS book and VM machines etc but I have a few questions? How many Questions will I encounter (I think its 30), roughly how many do I need to get right to pass? And are the Pass4sure practise exams a true representation of the exam as I've been thinking of trying them?

Thanks for any help

Rob

(panicking) :D

WIP: MSCE
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Avoid!!

http://www.CertGuard.com/Search.asp?Site=pass4sure.com

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. RobD

RobD New Member

Wow Just been having a read around the forum, looks like TK and the such are No No...As far as, you dont learn anything and you'll get decertified....Looks like I'll be staying away from them!! How about the other questions??

4. Sparky

I think it was around 40 odd questions when I took the exam, all of them are text based with no sims.

No idea how many you have to get right, nobody knows this for sure but you do have to score over 700 points to pass the exam.

It was a tough exam but not “70-291” tough! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. RobD

RobD New Member

This might sound daft but what's a sim? This is my first MS exam if you hadnt already guessed!!

6. Sparky

That’s an unusual first MS exam tbh, is there a reason why you decided on Exchange?

Sim = simulation. Basically you have a simulated Server 2003 desktop and you have to complete tasks.

7. RobD

RobD New Member

I'm fairly fluid with everything else, the Exchange exam was the one that posed the biggest challenge plus my company needed an exchange person so I did the course and decided the exam was the way to go after!

8. Sparky

Fair dues mate, you need to call on other Server 2003 areas such as DNS\WINS etc. so if you have commercial experiance of that it should help you out.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Glad you have seen the light, so to speak, my friend! :thumbleft

Nobody knows exactly how many you need to get right. The passing score is 700, but nobody knows the maximum or minimum scores for sure, so it's 700 out of what? Even assuming it's 70%, there may or may not be:
    - partially correct answers
    - weighted questions (where some questions are worth more points than others)
    - unscored questions (typically done for new questions they are introducing into the exam)

...so it's useless to try to determine how many you need to get right. Simply study ALL of the concepts until you understand them, then take the exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. RobD

RobD New Member

Thanks for the replies both, I've no idea how people brain dump anything, I normally come out of exams barely remembering my name!

Its amazing how hard I'm finding revising, struggling to concentrate, getting bored and distracted, day dreaming etc. I always put all those traits down to being young when I did exams in the past, clearly I was very wrong!!

Still there's always MS's 2nd chance I suppose, I actually cancelled my booking and re-booked with the second chance code yesterday as before looking at this forum had no idea it existed! :ohmy

11. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with the exam :)

You remember that much, half the time, I don't even remember coming out of the testing room :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's an inside job, typically done in countries like China, India, and Pakistan. Test center employee looks the other way while the braindump company employee records the info. Plus, it's ridiculously easy to become an authorized testing center.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!