70-282 studies...

Discussion in 'SBS' started by Sparky, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Everything seems to be going to plan (so far!) with my 70-282 my studies. Must admit it’s a welcome break from the stress of the 70-291 studying!

I have installed a SBS as a test server with a member server running TS. The SBS has two NICs and I`ll be adding ISA fairly soon to get familiar with the premium technologies.

I took one of the Transcender tests and scored 80% so I’m happy with that as I’ve not finished my studies yet.

Having the MCSA and some experience of SBS is helping big time, in the Transcender tests there are a few file sharing questions (70-290) and some DHCP, DNS questions (70-291). The context of these questions isn’t as complex as the 70-290 and 70-291 as you only have one SBS domain to consider and one subnet (most of the time). No zone replication or DHCP relay agent questions!

I’m hoping the actual exam will follow the style of the Transcender exam. It appears to be assessing small business network environments and then selecting the best solution or the most cost effective solution. There are some technical questions and also desktop troubleshooting so the title of the exam could be ‘Supporting Small Business Networks – everything from installing the network to fixing a keyboard’

Anyways just though Id post this as a few members have shown some interest in this MCP but not many peeps seem to know much about it! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Great to hear its all going good mate! What books are you using?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good stuff Sparky, keep us updated as you progress.

That's not a bad score on Transcender at this point in time!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Sparky

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

looks all good... i picked up the MS Press SBS Admin Companion 1st edition for 7 quid off ebay - reckon its still useful for this exam?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Sparky

To be honest having the A+, Network+, 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291 looks useful for the exam! :biggrin