70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by OMGHOV, May 3, 2008.

1. OMGHOV

OMGHOV New Member

Hey Everyone,

New member here...I've successfully passed 70-270, 70-271 about a year ago. I'm trying to back on track with my MCSA/MCDST studying and I want to take 70-272 next. However, I'm not sure what version of the Office Suite is being covered, XP, 2003, or the recently released 2007. I've got a couple of books for this exam from MS Press and Exam Cram, but the exam cram focuses on Office XP and the MS Press ones cover Office 2003. So, I'm wondering now that Office 2007 is released will 272 be updated to cover this version of the suite...As it states on the Prep guide the topics are subject to change.

Any insight that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.:D

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

This is not an official answer, but I think that it will always be oriented to Office 2002 (XP) and Office 2003. All of the learning materiels out there (including MOC & MOAC) is oriented towards 2002/3. They are almost identical anyway.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Im doing this one just now, and its only Office XP and office 2003

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

They are both right, does not cover Office 2007. Tip: Pay attention on Outlook & Outlook Express.

Certifications: MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP->MCSA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck on the exam :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security