70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by PompeyFC, Jul 7, 2007.

1. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

morning campers

just studying for the 272 exam which I take on thursday after completing the 271. Is the MS-Press Book enough or should I need more?

Incidentally does anyone else find the transcenders fairly easy compared to the measure up tests ?

Can I expect alot of outlook/oulook express stuff in the exam?

And does anyone know if its feasible to read the A+ Mike Myers book in 2 weeks and pass the exam? I have been in IT for about 7 years so not a novice as such

thanks in advance
    B.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I used the MS book, measureup and the transcender tests. There are a load of links in the MS book towards the back for further reading, so you might want to take a look at them.

I found the measureup tests to be a bit harder than the transcender tests, but i found that the transcender tests where closer to the real exams.

I would be very surprised if you didnt get any outlook stuff in your exam, but it will all depend on the actual day.

The A+ has loads of stuff to memorise like socket types, IRQ's etc. So it's all going to depend on how much knowledge you have. I had years of system building experience before i done my A+, but i still learned alot from it. Don't forget that the A+ is 2 exams and not one.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

cheers dude. yeah the A+ stuff I remember being a memory test when I was studying for the 2003 objectives lol. like you need to know all that stuff, you would look it up in the real world.

cheers for info on 272 - bricking it.

am doing that on thursday, the 70-270 and both A+ exams at the end of the month

work had 15 free vouchers so thought I may aswell go for it !!! free exam so why not lol

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  4. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

I'd have to say that I find the transcenders easier than the measure up tests.. I don't know whether it was the wording that threw me (I do admit I piled through it all fairly quickly).. but I'd managed to lead myself on a merry dance on some questions before answering it incorrectly.. doh!

btw.. I've got some of those there mention free vouchers as well.. just not as many as B..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Me too, I find trancenders are easier the measure up tests.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I always think that the questions are trying to trick you. I think that there is always at least one answer that is definatly wrong and two answers that it might be either of them depending on how you read the question. You get plenty of time to answer them all but sometimes you really have to read them carefully because one word can make the question entirely different.

just like users I suppose....

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing