70-272 tomorrow any tips?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Danmurph, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi everyone,

Ive got my 272 tomorrow at twelve and ive been royally shafted by my bosses at royal mail!! They are making me work tommorow to start my post round (5.00am), sit my exam at 12.00 then come back and finish my round even though last week it said on the rota friday would be my rest day........ARSEHOLES!!! :x

Anyway Im dealing with it and am getting some last day revision stuff done, anyone got any tips to do last thing to keep it fresh in my mind for the morning ? :D

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Crap bosses, good luck with exam :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Mate tell me about it,

TBH they have only started being funny with me since they got wind that I didn't want to work as a postman for the rest of my life.....anyways, im getting a few leads for jobs in 1st line support now so I can start applying and with a bit of luck land that first job really soon :D

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  4. russ-t-2000

russ-t-2000 Bit Poster

I used to work for Royal Mail too!!
    Just cover all the bases,i know thats a bit vague but i had a bit of everything,question wise!!!,yesterday.A few permissions,quite a few IE,not a great deal of office to be honest.
    I tried to go through my initial notes,then condense those down again,and then get those down just to one or two points/keywords and rulings,then recap on those prior to going into the exam room
    Made my final notes just on IE Zones,Toolbar reset routes,permission/share rules cover those and you`ll be fine mate.
    Generally you can narrow each question down to just two answers on first read,then go through the question slowly again and generally one option will stand out.
    That worked for me anyway!!
    Good luck!

Certifications: MCP MCDST
    WIP: 70-261 MCITP or could be 70-620 !!!
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Good luck for tomorrow!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I had the same thing at work when I told the guys I didnt want to be a van driver anymore!

Best of luck with the exam mate! :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Were all the questions multi choice? or were some drag and drop and others were you click things on a pic etc.

And congrats on the pass.

Certifications: A few.
  8. russ-t-2000

russ-t-2000 Bit Poster

For my 272 the whole lot were multiple choice,from what i remember in my 271 a couple were point and click.Thankfully there weren`t any of those dragging from one box to the other questions like in the readiness review,those scared the crap out of me!

Certifications: MCP MCDST
    WIP: 70-261 MCITP or could be 70-620 !!!
  9. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

So how did you do?

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  10. Nanootrev

Nanootrev Bit Poster

Dan

A belated reply to your message.

Yes those managers are ****ers complete ****ers! I know them of course, Tim and Mark have been trying to shaft me for to years.

Anyway you are a star, and you'll be out of their clutches soon. Good Luck!

Me, i will still be 'being shafted untilli can complete my A+ and Network+

(oh, pls rate my reply!)
    Trev

Certifications: None Yet
    WIP: A+
  11. postman

postman Byte Poster

RM bosses seem to be the same all over, the most useless, incompetent, disorganised, bullies I ever met but that said it's going to be so much fun telling mine what I think of them whenever I leave (along with 1/2 of my office).

Could you not have arranged your exam for later in the afternoon after 3pm maybe.

WIP: A+
  12. disarm

disarm Byte Poster

Some people are jealous of other people's success or lack understanding if you show any kind of ambition, ignore these people and move on.

Hopefully soon you'll be in a position where your commitment and attitude is both encouraged and rewarded by your employer and work colleagues.