70-272 Exam

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by quackers, Jul 30, 2007.

1. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

Hi guys,

I'm planning on taking this exam in the next week or two, i've read the ms book and i'm just working my way through the transcender exams at the moment. I've got a couple of questions :)

1) How realistic are the transcender exams?
    2) What is the actual pass mark?
    3) How many questions in the exam?

Thanks Guys, i really want to pass this first time :eek:

Certifications: Degree, A+
    WIP: CCNA, MCDST
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I think that the style of the transcenders are close to the real exam (at least it was for my 271) but the transcender questions I think are a bit harder than the actual exam. the number of questions I believe vary between 40ish to 60ish.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Vashal

Vashal New Member

Hello there, I actually just passed this exam last Friday. The number of questions varies, I had 45 on mine. You need to score a 700 or better to pass. There isn't really a percentage I can give you that you need to pass, as we don't know how Microsoft actually grades the exams.

Certifications: MCP, A+
    WIP: MCDST
  4. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

ah right thanks for the advice vashal, i'm just trying to find out if i'm ready or not to take the exam.

What did people think about the questions that came with the book on the cd? Realistic or not?

5. Vashal

Vashal New Member

The questions in the MSPress book and on the included CD were all I used to study. I actually had a couple of questions on the exam that were more or less straight out of the back of the MSPress book. The questions on the CD seemed a little harder than the actual exam (to me at least), but the concepts covered are important. I was a little nervous going into the test, but once I got there I felt like the content from the book and CD had prepared me fairly well.

6. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

I had a go of the questions from the book today, didnt do too well 60 odd percent, very different to the transcender exams i did..

One question, would you say do the 70-271 exam before 70-272? Does it matter?

7. Vashal

Vashal New Member

I've only taken 70-272 at this point. It didn't seem too terribly difficult, although I have a couple years experience and I read the book cover to cover before trying. If you feel prepared I think you would do fine. I've heard there is some overlap between the two tests, so taking 70-271 first may be beneficial...I'm not really sure since I haven't taken it yet.

As for the questions on the CD, I never did much better. Those questions were the main reason I was nervous about the test. I didn't actually go through all of them...understanding the solutions for the questions I did go through seemed to help on the test, though. A lot of the same concepts will be tested on the actual exam, but the questions seemed a little easier somehow.