70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by dales, Sep 12, 2006.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

couple of quick questions, I'm looking to do a few mcp's and thought i'd start out with this one, No particular direction towards getting an mcse or the desktop one or anything but fancy a few more alluring items on my cv.

I've been a computer engineer for a number of years and have moved into desktop support (nearly been doing that for a year, More biscuits and less movement involved)!:biggrin

I think that I should be able to pass the 70-271 without too much additional studying but wondered if I take the exam and fail do you get any feedback on what you failed on. looking around the internet most of the practice exams are nearly as expensive as the exam itself (88 plus vat as far as im aware).
    If they give you a rough idea where you tripped up then i will definatly go for the exam, but I might try it anyway cause theres a job comming up that i've got my eye on.

Also how many questions are there in the exam?

Cheers All

Dale (a+)

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF Dale,

You do indeed get feedback on where your weak areas were on all MS exams. This is broken down into different sections.

For practice exams I highly recommend the Transcenders, as the always provide detailed explanations. The only issue with them is that they can be pricey.

8)

3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

thanks for the reply I might try it then and see what happens!

Regards
    Dale (a+)

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

does anyone know how many questions there are in the 271 exam? and having a quick flick through websites are there only 2 exams for MSDST 271-272?

5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

yeah 2 exams, one for 271 and one for 272...ppl usually get close to 60 questions per exam :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

cool thanks for that!