70-271 passed yesterday!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by matsjc, Jun 3, 2011.

1. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

good day! i've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now. i just passed 70-271 yesterday and i would like to thank the people who posted the pinned threads as they really helped me a lot in passing it. i scored 816 in the exam.

i wasn't really expecting to pass the exam as i always got around 60% score on the transcender practice exam despite focusing on the parts that im having a hard time with which made my morale really low. good thing the actual exam was quite a bit easier. i still need to brush up on ntfs permissions and network protocols though.

the study materials i used are the vtc.com mcdst video lessons, 70-271 ms press book and technet.microsoft.com. the vtc videos are very good as it made me understand the ms press book alot better. i then use the technet website for additional info.

70-720, you're next. :D

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!
    Kick back, have a few beers, and enjoy a few well earned days off studying.

I wish I could. I've got my 270 on Tuesday (and ITIL next Friday :eyecrazy).
    The 270 is, as you have probably already figured out, pretty similar. More of a domain slant, goes a little deeper in some areas, but not a huge step up from the 271. Well, I hope it isn't anyway.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

thanks! i will be relaxing this weekend then start preparing for 272 on monday.

i might be taking 270 too as im planning to get MCSA later on. but im going to do a+, network+ and 70-682 first. anyway good luck with the exams mate!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, and good luck for the 272 :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You wouldn't need the 270 if you have the 682 as you'd be credited with the 680, which is one of the client exams for MCSA.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. matsjc

matsjc Bit Poster

@wagnerk thanks ken!

@soundian - cool! i haven't checked out MCSA on the Microsoft website yet so i'm not really sure which exams to take for it but for now 70-682 and a+/net+ first. :)