70-271 next weekend!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by monk1975, Oct 25, 2007.

1. monk1975

monk1975 New Member

Hi guys,

I'm going for my 70-271 next week. Work said they'd pay for the exam and gave me 3 weeks to study for it. I bought the Microsoft Self paced training kit for it and have just finished a 2 week long cram session. I've just taken the readiness review test (by measure up) that came with the book and i scored 89%.

Now, my main worry is that it seemed a little easy, I'm not bragging, just a little concerned. I work in desktop support and the guys I'm working with keep showing me questions from braindumps that aren't even covered in the book! They seem to be really in depth where as the questions that come with the book aren't. I'd rather not use braindumps if I can help it.

I just wondered if anyone out there has taken the measure up test that comes with the book and how does it compares with the actual exam, in difficulty?

right...back to cramming :)

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: 70-272, A+ Essentials and 220-602
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for the exam :)

Don't rely on braindumps, not only are they a violation of the NDA, but you can also be de-certified and barred from any other current or future exams. Added to that Braindumps aren't reliable, exam takers take the exams and then dump then into their files, there is no guarantee that the questions or answers are correct. Don't use them!

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck on the exam

As Ken said don't use braindumps, you won't learn properly.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You... really shouldn't be looking at the braindumps. Using them is cheating, and can get you decertified. Thus... you shouldn't be using braindumps at all, even if you "can't help it".

Keep in mind that no book or study tool will cover EVERYTHING. You really need to get some hands-on experience using the technology, which I assume you're doing.

I haven't used the MSPress book, so I have no idea if it covers the material well. Have you checked the reviews on Amazon to see if others liked or disliked how the book prepared them for the exam? You might also try the Sybex book (which I also haven't used).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good advise given already, so just keep studying hard for exam and have a go at it as am sure you've be okay:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. monk1975

monk1975 New Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll steer well clear of braindumps.

A couple of our onsite engineers swear by the Sybex books, they used them when studying for their certs so I'll see if i can get one this weekend. I just figured the MS book would cover everything I needed for the exam.

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: 70-272, A+ Essentials and 220-602