70-271 exam with 70-270 books !!!!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by sezgin, May 17, 2008.

1. sezgin

sezgin Bit Poster

hi guys,
    is it possible to pass 70-271 exam by studying 70-270 book with years of windows xp experience on real life?

thank you...

WIP: mcse/mcsa/mcdst
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

The experience will help, but i dont think reading a book for a different exam will help much.

The best bet is to check out this page and see what you are good at and what you could improve upon

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx

Also it must be said the MS press books do help you with the wording of some exam questions, as getting used to the MS format of questions and sims does help immensely

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. sezgin

sezgin Bit Poster

thank you for that quick response...

:-)

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Negative. 70-270 covers different concepts. Study a book that is designed for 70-271.

Best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. sezgin

sezgin Bit Poster

i think better to buy ms book for 70-271 exam then...

6. sezgin

sezgin Bit Poster

well, after i looked for 70-271 book , i am confused cuz m$ self paced book for 70-271 has more than 1000 pages and examcram book for 70-271&70-272 has about 800 pages. any anyother books have fewer pages than m$ press.

does the pages really matters?

7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The number of pages depends on many things. e.g. the detail included, the number of illustrations and diagrams, the text layout etc.

Page count is only a rough guide to what the book offers.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. BosonMichael

Exam Cram doesn't go into nearly as much detail as other books. That's why it's a "cram"... it's not designed to be an indepth study... it gives you just enough information.

That said, do you want to just pass the exam, or do you want to learn enough to be a good tech? I'd recommend MORE pages for this very reason.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. sezgin

sezgin Bit Poster

then ms press is a good choice after all, huh?

10. BosonMichael

I generally recommend MS Press and Sybex for Microsoft exams. :)