70-271 exam readyness

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by itgremlin, Apr 21, 2008.

1. itgremlin

itgremlin Bit Poster

Hi Guy's

May i start by saying great forums.

i took the course for the above exam nearly a year ago and was meant to sit the exam but the company i worked for decided to move offices so i was roped into helping with that and completely lost track of my goal MCDST, i have since started studying again and have purchsed from the selftest website study guides and practice exams for the MCDST.

Like the study guide said take a baseline test so i did and i scored 83% i was amazed how much info i remember from my course and daily supporting of XP itself. do you guys think it would be too soon to put in for the test this May??

cheers for now
    Gremlin

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-682 exam and 70-640 exam
  2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I dont think May is too soon......as your score suggests! 83% is pretty good, obviously keep revising on those areas that your unsure and you will be fine...thats only opinion!!! lol

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

If you use Microsofts second shot exam offer at the moment, you can take the test in May and then have a second shot at it if you fail, as long as you take the resit by the end of June. (I think that is when it ends).

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds like you're ready now, or close to it! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. itgremlin

itgremlin Bit Poster

thanks for your input guys i have booked the Exam today with the Microsoft's free resit offer
    its on the 9th May so it gives me more time to study up, will let you know how i get on wish me luck

Gremlin

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-682 exam and 70-640 exam
  6. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Good luck with the exam!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing