70-271 Exam Booked!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Kornastic27, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Kornastic27

Kornastic27 New Member

Hi,
    I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and now have finally registered! So this is my first post.

I have passed an HNC Computing with a lean towards networking, I am currently employed as a first line service desk analyst with a large company 4000+ users.

I have also been trained on 2nd Line Server Support/System Admin (Interview on Monday for the role so fingers crossed!).

I have booked my 70-271 on the 16/02/09, I have been reading the MS 70-271 press book and got the Test Out CBT.

So here I go, does anyone have any advice on any study methods/additional resources that I could use.

I know the theory behind 90% of the stuff just need to brush up on the way MS do things and I have found the questions on the CD with the book quite helpfull - do the q's take a similar format....

Is there any simulator questions like in the CBT were it says these are your objectives and load up an MS XP desktop with limited resources?

Cheers guys - and you are all due a pat on the back for the assistance you give!!!

Certifications: MCP: 70-271, CCA 1Y0-A05
    WIP: 1Y0-A08? A-17?
  2. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF!

There's quite a bit of good info in here, there was a study guide written by Craigie that a lot have found useful.

Ive just this week got the Exam Cram book to prepare for my exam on 20th March. Im finding it really useful...if you got it soon it may still me useful to you?

I found that Transcender seems to be the closest simulation to the real thing if you are looking for practise exams?

Most of all... good luck!

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Welcome, Good luck with the exam.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck on you exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

The best of luck! :) I'll be booking my 70-271 in about a week or so once I have some cash. :p

Let us know how you get on.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck with the exam and the interview.

8. Kornastic27

Kornastic27 New Member

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all the input, I will go get ExamCram this weekend as I think they are doing 271/272 for £35 which is not toooo bad.

Oh and I got the job!!!! - 2nd Line Distributed Server, so plenty more studing for me to do (I will be doing AD, Win23k and Citrix Administration) - All I need now is to pass my Exam a week Monday!

Can you post a link to Craigies study guide?!

Thanks Guys have a nice w/end!

Certifications: MCP: 70-271, CCA 1Y0-A05
    WIP: 1Y0-A08? A-17?
  9. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

It is in he's sig, click here.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  10. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Grats on the job :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA