70-271 & 70-272 Finally Booked

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Hedley, May 5, 2010.

1. Hedley

Hedley Bit Poster

Hi All,

So a year after studying at college, I've finally got round to booking 271 & 272. :blink

I currently work within the industry, and have done for the past 5 years. I cover a lot of the MCSA material on my day to day job, hands on. So I feel that I'm well prepared for these.

One thing I've done though, is book the exams back to back. Now I'm not sure if I've made an error there? As I can't get any suggestion of what the average time is for a candidate to sit these exams.

Does anyone have any experience they could share? Such as doing these two exams back to back, and how long they sat during each exam?

Many thanks :)

2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

IF i remember correctly the exams last around 90 mins to 2 hours, but obviously you dont have to take all this time to do the exams...

As regards to doing both exams on the same day, I dont see a problem with that aslong as you are confident about knowing all you need to know.

Good luck with them and hopefully by the end of the day you will be a MCDST

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

In the past I have done this, and also arrived early, and at the centres descretion you can start an exam early, might be worth ringing up the centre you have booked with to see if you can start earlier.

To be honest though you will likely finish well within the alloted time with your experience.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. Hedley

Hedley Bit Poster

Well, I passed both exams yesterday, in about 2 hours.

I got 850 for 271, and 826 for 272. Not entirely sure how Microsoft work out their points system, so I don't know how good that is! A pass is a pass though at the end of the day!

270 is next up for me then. :)

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the passes :)

Well done.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Nice one 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the passes. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685