70-270 Test Exam

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by mojorisin, Sep 21, 2005.

1. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Hi all

Just tried one of the test exams that come with the Sybex book and scored 32 out of 50 = 64%

trouble is its the things that i do on a regular basis that seem to be the low scoring section ie installing :dry

Anyone else tried the test exam with Sybex and what did you score and what sections did you excel or fail in

cheers
    Mick

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Although I've never completed the test that you are refering to, what I used to find was that I would 'skip' sections that I thought I knew. I did the tasks that the book was referring to all of the time, and thought that I could just skim them.

what I found out though, is exactly what you've just discovered, it's what you do everyday that you loose marks on.

You have to remember for the exam that there is the 'real world' way of doing things, and then there is the 'Microsoft world' way!

8)

3. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Cheers for the reply thats why i have never bothered with doing the exams before as i can do the installs and everything ok but when looking at the questions on them i seem to get them wrong because as you say there is the real way and the microsoft way

looks like i will need to go over the bits i messed up on again to get it down there way :blink

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

My understanding is that Microsoft want to make sure you are aware of all the different ways an operating system can be installed. You may well have installed the OS many times but most probably always the same way. It could be by booting up from the CD for example. So, I believe they are trying to make you familiar with the alternatives, for example a network installation or an unattended install. RIS is also pretty funky IMHO.

It's not so much real world Vs Microsoft world, it is just to make sure you, as a potential Microsoft MCP are fully aware that there is more than one way to skin a cat (sorry Kat) :biggrin

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kat's been skinned? :eek:

[​IMG]

Sorry...couldn't resist. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Oh my... Where did you dig that grotesque image up from? :eek:

<pete runs for cover>

:wasntme

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)