70-270 review

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by MrNice, Sep 14, 2005.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Alright dudes,

Having just studied for and passed the Microsoft XP 70-270 exam I hope that others currently studying will find this post useful.

The exam is FORM based, not adaptive as I had been led to believe. You can mark questions for review before final submission, similar to the A+ format. There are no simulation questions included in this exam yet, and no date is set for this to happen. The pass mark is 700 but out of what who knows? You may get anyhting from 40 - 60 questions, if you get 40 the general consensus is they will be more difficult than if you get 60.
    ALL questions relate to the base OS, not post SP2.
    Having said that I had a few questions that mentioned SP2.
    Installation and particularly mass deployment (RIS) (SYSPREP) seem to be heavily focused on. Security is probably the lightest subject tested as most of the advanced security was rolled out after SP2.

I had a couple of questions that listed the IP address in this format, 192.145.6.6/24 which I had never came across before. The end section of this ie /24 relates to the subnet mask. This indicates a class C subnet mask ie: 255.255.255.0
    If it was IP 168.123.4.54/8 it would indicate a class A subnet ie:255.0.0.0, The question will probably list IP details in a diagram and ask why user a is unable to connect to network portion B etc.
    There are questions regarding bluetooth, something not mentioned in my MS press book.
    It vital to have a good understanding of permissions, share and NTFS and how they affect users or groups.
    If you know the default settings for XP well you should have no real problems in this exam.

If anyone has more specific questions feel free to post and I will try to fill you in, and no I dont remember any actual questions!

HTH

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Thanks for that MrNice. I hope to go for the 70-270 soon but my wedding got in the way of studying for it. :)

Soom good advice though, thanks again.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Good review.

Congrats on the pass.

:)

4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

i also got a bluetooth question, thought it was weird. and i got a IP/24 s/m question too, luckily i had studied that. btw what was your score then?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  5. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

my score was 963, what was yours? I was all excited thinking it was out of 1000 but another guy got 1020 score?

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass... im starting now on 70-270 and wondered what books you used? As well how did you practice the excersies in the book?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I used the MS press book almost exclusively, hunted about the internet quite a bit and asked a whole load of questions here. The exam cram stuff you get free online is pretty good.
    As long as you have XP pro on your machine there is no real need for anything else.

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Then why not take the chance to talk to the author - see THIS Thread :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

that takes you straight to microsoft.. :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry - I appear to be having a blonde day. Link fixed :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

That could go either way. :devilflam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+