1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-270 - Readiness Suite CD install not working.. Help!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by Holly, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Holly

Holly New Member

Hello All, Just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I am currently planning on taking the 70-270 exam soon, so i bought the microsoft self paced training kit. Within it is a CD with exam prep questions on, called 'Readiness Review Suite' I installed this program from the CD then when i came to use it, it came up with the following errors...

error number : 1000
    error source frmmain.MDIForm_load

MDIForm_load.

[mslocalware] [429] activex component cant create object

to which i just clicked 'ok' then it came up with the following message..

Run-time error '91'

object variable or with block variable not set

I am trying to install this on my Windows XP SP2 Machine. I have searched the internet for a solution but none of them seem to work. I could really do with getting this program up and running ASAP so any help would be appriciated.

Many thanks

Holly

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE
  2. MichaelHensley

MichaelHensley New Member

I had the EXACT same problem (on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit). The answer is to download and install a newer version of the test engine from MeasureUp, available here: http://support.measureup.com/

I *think* you want this file: MsLocalwareVer7.9.0.9.zip (it worked for me).

I had to unzip it, run the setup, and point it at the right directory (the one where you currently have "MsLocalWare.exe" installed).

Hope this helps!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCTS:Vista, MCTS:Exch2007
    WIP: MCSE, MCITP