70-270 - Passed

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by PompeyFC, Jul 26, 2007.

1. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

This was my 5th exam in around 5 weeks following on from the

A+ Essential
    A+ IT Technician
    70-271 and 70-272

Scraped through with 794, easily the most difficult exam I have had to do, I actually felt physically sick when i got to question 32 ! I remember it well. Its like the 271 but it drills down to a much deeper level and deals in logistic's and processes alot more

The questions seemed to be very in depth and I had to read a number of questions a number of times to get an understanding of the scenario

there were alot of perrmission questions and stuff on remote desktop and VPN and RIS and SysPrep

There was nothing on System/Perfomance Monitoring and only one question on privacy/content/cookies etc in explorer.

There were no noddy questions like in the 271 thats for sure

I don't want to see another exam for quite afew weeks after this lot...

Good luck to anyone who is taking the exam soon - do the measure-up's if you get the chance they are very depth just like the exam !

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I remember the exam my self, it is more tricky then the A+ thats for sure. As they say there is few ways to do something and then there is a microsoft way of doing something.

Congrats on the pass btw.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass. Take a break now. You've earned it. :beers2

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Well done matey..

I failed the 270 today with a 609 score.. to be fair I didn't expect to pass (was using up a spare voucher from work).. as I hadn't read any prep materials and had only run one transcender.. :blink

I agree it's a tougher exam.. mine was full of command line utils and switches which I was really week on.. and some of the VPN stuff as well..

Gonna buy a voucher and re-book fairly soon.. then it's A+ and MCSA for me next I think..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  5. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Well done there chap. Whats next then?

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  6. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

prolly gona try and go for Network+ as I have done an HNC in networking and then prolly the 290 and 291.

the 291 does not fill me with glee.

thanks for the congrats guys, its much appreciated. beer and curry tonight !! I expect the missus will be glad to have me back aswell ! ha ha ! I've ignored her for the last 5 weeks !

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7