70-270 Pass Mark

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by laup, Oct 16, 2006.

1. laup

laup Byte Poster

Ive had bit of mixed replys to this, some say its 700/1000 others sayin 700/1200 and another 700/1100 or 65% which is it lol
    need something to aim for :>

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The passing score is 700 points. What it is out of is not really relevant since you should be looking to know as much as you can in order to reach the minimum passing score.

What I am effectively saying here is that you want to be focusing your efforts into learning the material, and not worring about what the score will be.

If you know the material then you will pass. If you don't then you will know where to look to improve.

8)

3. laup

laup Byte Poster

Yes i know mate, i was messing about, i just would like to know what 100% score is really 1000/1100/1200 ?

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The only thing you can possibly aim for is to get as many questions right as possible.

You have no control over the passmark so can't really aim for it.
    As you won't know in the exam which questions you've got right or wrong, you'll still be no wiser about where you are in relation to the cut off point.

I think the general rule is that if you doubt that you are ready for the exam, don't take it...

Good luck when you do though!

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. laup

laup Byte Poster

well i was just wondering because im averaging like 65-67% on transcender exams and my tutor said that the transcenders are alot harder than the actual exam.
    so really want to find out the pass percentage for piece of mind.

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

When you say 'averaging' - how many times have you taken them?

The problem with Transcender is that there isn't a *huge* range of questions. By the time you've done them a few times, you end up remembering the answers.

If you've had 3 or 4 goes and are still scoring in the 60's then you've got a problem.

If it's your first attempt though, keep going.

Don't forget - train hard, fight easy (or whatever it is they say nowadays).

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. laup

laup Byte Poster

Well no i make habit of only doing Transcenders, ExamSaver, Preplogic about 2 times max and we hitting high 60's on all of them.

Am i missing something here or is there an unwritten rule not to post what the pass and maximum mark is in these exams, as it seems my original question keeps being brushed aside?

8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The simple answer seems to be that unless you were involved in the writing of the exam then they simply don't tell you! :ohmy

9. laup

laup Byte Poster

oh ok didnt know they kept it that hush hush :blink

10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Found this on one of Microsoft's sites:

To read the whole page, click here.

From what I can gather the highest score varies from exam to exam. But like simongrahamuk said MS simply don't tell you!

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

The only thing i can add is not to run the testing software in to the ground.

When i use Transcender, I usually take 10 questions from each section. This way, i can see my weak area(s) and concentrate on them (via more study) before taking more practice questions.
    What tends to happen if you go through the testing software in one go is you achieve a false result because you start to memorize the answers.

oh, i also review all the explanations regardless if i got the question right or wrong- sometimes you pick up something you were not aware of.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  12. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

the passing mark is 700 out of 1000...never heard of 1100 or 1200 for any microsoft exam :blink

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3