70-270 Next week

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by techpro, Mar 6, 2007.

1. techpro

techpro New Member

Hello All.

First post here, nice forums good to find some UK based cert forums!!!! I passed my 70-290 in August last year thought it was about time I got another mcp, so I have booked my 70-270 for next week!

Has anyone taken it recently did they get simulations? What topics came up the most?

Any last min tips?

Thanks for the help in advance.

:D

2. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey dude and welcome!

I took my 70-270 last December, there wasnt any simulations and I dont believe there is in this exam. To be honest I can't really remember what objectives I got quizzed on most or less etc. But make sure you have a solid understanding of all the objectives and you should be fine.

Are you using exam preparation software, e.g Transcender?

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  3. techpro

techpro New Member

Hi, I have been using the MS Press Training kit and the exam questions that came with that.

Are the Transcender materials recommended then?

Thanks

4. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Yeah definitely, helped me through both the 270 and 290 and will be using it for the 291 also.

Kraven

5. philswindin

philswindin Bit Poster

I passed 270 with experience and using a cram I found. Do a search for 70-270 on ebay and I purchased from a user called ****. Only cost a few £'s but deff helped me pass MCSE. :)

MOD EDIT SG: Remove name of supplier.

6. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

It appears your "cram" was a braindump...

Kraven

7. techpro

techpro New Member

thanks for the advice kraven.

Does anyone have any experience using test king practice exams?

8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Takes off coat. This thread is going to get rather hot. :sunny

Go easy guy's. :wink:

9. philswindin

philswindin Bit Poster

This doc is a selection of example questions. So what do Transcenders & Test King make?

10. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Trancenders and testking should not be used in the same breath. Testking is a braindump, in other words you are cheating. A braindump will give you answers from exam questions found in a test.

No one around here likes them or uses them.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  11. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Transcender is a top way to practice when you've learnt the material, the "Other" "Company" if you can call them that, is pure braindumps, which are decreasing the value of exams.

Alot of people, like myself, dont really understand what braindumps are when they get into the "Cert" business, but learn quickly because they can do some serious damage to you in the short or long run.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  12. techpro

techpro New Member

Ok sorry guys I didnt realise that T***K***GS where bad!

I will stay clear of them!

Like I said I have just been using the q's from the microsoft training guide, they are measureup.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

I will let you guys know how I get on.

13. scream

scream New Member

Just got 70-270 last Sunday and I think world is going by all means even cert exams =)

Among 58 questions I got on the exam I can easily tell almost half of them was about portable computers and the problems caused because of people being mobile. Docking stations, hardware profiles, Power saving options, ip configurations while traveling. There was no simulation.

I'll update if i remember some more but now gotta go back to work.

Cheers

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE, MCITP EA, MCTS Hyper-V/SCVMM
    WIP: CCNA
  14. philswindin

philswindin Bit Poster

Use every resource available to you. Do not discount anything unless you have personally tried it as everyone learns differently. If it suits you, use it. Just because Fred Bloggs says don't use it, you should not discount it. You are not a sheep.

As an oldie who has worked / is working as a senior bod in some of the largest global companies. I can personally say I learnt loads from the TK series as well using real life experience.

I used t$$$$sender and MS books / exams in the early days and they were a great help, but so expensive. The series on e$$y are cheap and were a great help personally for me.

15. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Phil
    I'm going to be blunt now
    If you used TK to achieve your certs then you cheated to attain your certs
    If you used those certs to attain your 'position' you cheated yourself into your position
    and if you try and promote illegal training material again you will be removed from our forum

we do not tollerate activley promoting the use of illegal training material on this forum, we encourage people to learn as they will, with the right resources the help them know the topic, not the exam, knowing the exam doesnt mean squat in the real world, and if you really were doing anything you claim to be doing you would be more than aware of this.

This is your final warning.
    If you wish to discuss this further please PM myself or another member of the CF team

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

hmm let me see, what can i say.. :noob :badi

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This isn't the first time he's tried to steer someone towards braindumps: link

:behead :readFAQ

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  18. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Can't add anything else, except for good luck on your exam. Let us know how you get on :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  19. techpro

techpro New Member

thanks!

20. techpro

techpro New Member

Passes today!! :D
    Got 810.

Had lots of auditing and q's on accessing resources, both web and file.

Plus a few networking q's.

Used the measure q's found them to be harder than the actual exam q's. good prep tho!