1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-270 hidden shares

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by salv236, Jun 13, 2010.

1. salv236

salv236 Nibble Poster

I was surprised to see that in the mspress book they dont explain what the hidden share ipc$ does. Would this be covered by the exam?

Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSE XP/2K3
  2. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

cant say if its in the exam without breaking the NDG i signed

However, the book is only a study guide, a outline. I am sure the 270 book did cover it or referenced it , its in one of the MCDST books!

if you dont know what it does then perhaps you shouldn't be doing the 270.

[sorry mr grumpy today]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  3. salv236

salv236 Nibble Poster

Hello Supernova,

Thanks for the reply, i am aware of the function of the ipc$ i was just surprised that there was no detials mentioned in the MS press book. Thought this would be good to mention for newbies to IT mzybe i should take this up with the author.

Best Regards

Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSE XP/2K3
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Thats my point the book isn't for noobies the 70-270 is for people that are administrating domains that contain XP clients. Noobies should be taking the MCDST 271 and 272 (after Comptia A+ and N+) and going on to gain experience.

Theres no point contacting the author..

A. the 270 isnt for noobs
    B. there wont be a updated ms book for that exam i seriously doubt the exam will be updated before it is retired whenever that will be.
    C. most likely covered in the references
    D. the book is only a guide. There's no real detail to them its up to you to go off and fill in the gaps.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots