70-270 finally nailed

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Kerfuffle, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Nibble Poster

Finally got around to sitting the 70-270 exam today. Passed it with a whopping 960. I'm well chuffed.

45 questions that were pretty much well balanced and covered just about everything in equal measure. My study material was the MS press book, the Sybex book and the MeasureUp questions along with an Internet connection and google and hands-on experience.

On to the 70-290 one now and I've ordered the MS Press book and Sybex one as well. I heard something about not installing R2 for this as it's not tested. Is this still correct?

Certifications: A+, Network+, ITIL v3, 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  2. SuPaStA

SuPaStA Nibble Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CCNA,MCSE,ITIL,Server+,Security+,N+...
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Nibble Poster

Thanks guys...I appreciate it. Am I right about the R2 part of Server 2003?

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

According to here, R2 is covered on the 291 not the 290.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Do you think, the 270 will be easier to get your nut around than the 680? both client exams but I'm sure the 270 would be easier due being an older products with less features etc?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  9. BosonMichael

Remember, older products had "new features" then too. Doesn't mean that it makes it easier to study. After all, they could ask questions on things that were used in XP that are no longer used in Vista or W7.

That said, it really doesn't matter which is "easier". Most companies still predominantly use XP for their workstations, so the need to support XP is still there. W7, not as much, though in time, I'm pretty sure it will be widely deployed. The point is, certify on what employers need NOW, not what they'll need years from now. Better yet, do both. But if you can do only one, or if you must choose which to do first, I'd recommend XP. Not because XP is better, or because the exam is easier... but only because it's the predominant workstation OS.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

My point was because I flopped 680 Today with a score of 530 (my boss flopped the other day too). I'll just keep studying/

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  11. BosonMichael

Yeah, only studying will cure that. :)

12. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Nibble Poster

Yeah I'd go with what BosonMichael said. I did the XP exam because for one, it's what is still being used now in my work environment and there is no sign yet of a move to newer versions. The second reason was that I am much much more experienced in XP than either Vista or 7.

I suppose another reason may be that it should theoretically be easier for me to upgrade my exam to Vista or 7 when the time comes, rather than do the full version. I may be wrong here...someone please correct me if I am.